Institute was super awesome tonight. Brother Hendricks was gone (sad day!) but Sister Young was there again. She teaches Institute over in O'Fallon, Illinois and she's been on this side of the river before. She taught our Book of Mormon class a few weeks ago, and that was an amazing experience. She was talking about the Psalm of Nephi, and challenged us to read it out loud at least once. I thought it was sort of silly at first, thinking I'd look like one of those crazy people you see on the subway who quote scripture at you. It didn't even matter that I was alone. But when I finally did it, I realized how amazing it is. So Sister Young was our teacher tonight, which was a nice surprise. We had a great lesson about Nephi's last words, and it was amazing how many little aha moments I had. It was just awesome to feel the Spirit so much in an hour. I love Institute!
In other news, I have the greatest friends ever. Bobby, Jeff, Regan, Skye, Alex, Ginny, and Ervin always make the night just so much more amazing. We got to hang out after Institute and it was, as always, super fun! I honestly don't know what I would do without my friends. It's funny, 'cause I have issues with being in groups, and I lack certain social skills. But those guys are just wonderful! I love being around them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment